Position: Video Producer
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Base Salary: Negotiable
Bowstring Studios (www.bowstring.tv), a full-service production studio specializing in branded entertainment, is seeking a creative, talented, organized and ambitious Producer, for immediate hire. The successful candidate will be someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and who is willing to meet new challenges with a “can do” spirit.
We also expect a Bowstring Producer to be a strong storyteller with an eye for cinematic visuals. Our Producers are also the logistical liaison within each project team, with the responsibility for scheduling and communicating all aspects of the shoot and post production to the client as well as internal teams.
This position reports to the Executive Producer but will work closely and collaboratively with the Production Department and our existing team of staff Producers sharing resources, ideas and experience.
Personality is important to our close-knit team, so we’re also looking for someone who is friendly, positive, proactive, organized and a confident problem-solver who thrives in a team atmosphere but also succeeds working independently.
Major responsibilities for this position will include:
- Taking ownership of projects by handling the various aspects of the production process from inception through post production and delivery. This includes managing timelines/meeting deadlines, logistics, working with clients, fulfilling creative briefs and communicating with editors and designers on post production requirements and deadlines.
- Strong client management skills.
- Leading field productions, working closely with clients, talent and team members to achieve production goals.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously in the varying stages of production.
- A flexible approach to their work day which includes re-prioritizing their own schedule and tasks throughout the day as client requests and feedback emerges.
- Strong time management skills.
- Collaborate closely with clients and internal creative directors on storylines, location and talent selection, while building shot lists by understanding the coverage the editor will need to build out scenes to tell the story.
- Ability to conduct interviews over the phone as well as in-person on set/behind camera.
- Develop production schedules based on client-determined delivery dates.
- Researching and planning shoot day logistics.
- Collaborate with the production team to define equipment needs.
- Assist with overall project budgeting.
- Working closely and communicating directly with the Post Production Supervisor, Editors and Designers.
- Participate in weekly Producer team meetings to review status of their projects.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-7 years of relevant video production experience
- Demonstrable portfolio of successful projects of varying size and type
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities simultaneously within a fast-paced setting
- The ability to work with minimal supervision with great accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to travel 20-25% on average both domestically and internationally
- An enthusiastic, supportive and flexible team player approach
- A desire for continuous learning and improvement
Bowstring offers a competitive compensation package including salary, performance bonus, health and dental benefits, a paid time off bank, retirement plan with guaranteed company contribution, profit sharing plan and flexible working hours.
Potential applicants should forward a cover letter including salary requirements, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Producer” or use the form below. Please, no phone calls.