Position: Video Post Producer
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Bowstring Studios (bowstring.tv), a full-service production studio specializing in branded entertainment, is seeking a creative, talented, organized and ambitious Post Producer, for immediate hire. The successful candidate will be someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and who is willing to meet new challenges with a “can do” spirit.
We expect a Bowstring Post Producer to be a strong storyteller with a creative eye. Our Post Producers are also the logistical liaison within each project team, with the responsibility for scheduling and communicating all aspects of post production to the client or account management team as well as other internal teams.
This position reports to the Executive Producer but will work closely and collaboratively with our existing team of staff Producers sharing resources, ideas and experience as well as with the Production and Post Production Departments.
Personality is important to our close-knit team, so we’re also looking for someone who is friendly, positive, proactive, respectful, organized and a confident problem-solver who thrives in a team atmosphere but also succeeds working independently.
Major responsibilities for this position will include:
- Leverage a deep understanding of broadcast/video post production and animation processes in order to coach and guide internal teams and clients through a project lifecycle.
- Bring an experienced knowledge base of content production, a strong network and a hardworking collaborative outlook.
- On a per project basis, liaise between internal departments — creative, production, project and account management, vendors, editors, designers — and our clients, ensuring smooth workflow and delivery of assets to schedule and budget. This includes managing budgets and timelines/meeting deadlines, logistics, working with clients, fulfilling creative briefs and communicating with editors and designers on post production requirements and deadlines.
- Interpret creative briefs and keep the projects within the scoped budget and on track.
- Strong client management skills.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously in the varying stages of production.
- Arranging kick off meetings, briefings with creative, overseeing budgets, briefing bookings, scheduling client reviews, taking and distributing client/creative feedback & tracking work orders and costs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Develop post-production schedules based on client-determined delivery dates.
- Collaborate with the production team to define equipment and post strategy needs.
- Participate in weekly Producer team meetings to review status of their projects.
- Assist the Producer team with quotes, budgeting, billing and office support.
- Liaising with staff to ensure jobs are set up correctly, all assets are ready and distributed properly.
- Be willing and able to travel if required, both domestically and internationally, albeit unlikely.
- Willingness to stay up-to-date on all required immunizations, including for COVID-19. All employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven ability to manage post-production timelines from pre-production scoping through delivery.
- Experience working with animation workflows, and a good understanding of the digital workflows including VFX, editing, grading.
- Knowledge of the different digital file formats and codecs available.
- Full understanding of the post production process.
- Experience managing post vendors and freelancers.
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced and highly creative environment and manage productions with multiple workstreams.
- Self-motivated and extremely organized.
- Experience with licensing, rights management and partnering with business affairs.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is expected.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision with great accuracy and efficiency.
- An enthusiastic, supportive and flexible team-player approach.
- A desire for continuous learning and improvement.
Bowstring offers a competitive compensation package including salary, performance bonus, health and dental benefits, unlimited PTO, retirement plan with guaranteed company contribution, profit sharing plan and flexible working hours.
Potential applicants should forward a résumé and work samples to email@example.com, with subject line “Video Post Producer”. Please, no phone calls.