Assistant Location: Conshohocken, PA
Hours: Full-time, exempt
Base Salary: $40,000 per year
Bowstring Studios (www.bowstring.tv), a full-service production studio specializing in long-form content, virtual reality and branded entertainment, is seeking a creative, talented, organized and ambitious production assistant, for immediate hire. The successful candidate will be someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, punctual, a team-player, and who is willing to meet new challenges with a “can do” spirit.
Major responsibilities for this position may include:
- Work on local, out-of-state, and international productions assisting the production department in various on-set roles
- Assist the production team with prepping shoots
- Maintaining gear in good working order
- Maintain the in-house studio space, prep for shoots
- Packing gear for travel
- Transport equipment to set in cargo van and/or box truck
- Learning multiple set positions (grip, sound mixer, camera assistant, etc.) to grow into an adaptable crew member
- Other duties, as required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Professional work experience in a related field
- Some working knowledge of the video production industry
- Some working knowledge of video production gear
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with great accuracy and efficiency
- Flexibility to work after-hours and on weekends, as required
- Desire to travel, up to 50% of the time, including international travel
- Basic grip and electric experience
- Desire to grow and develop into a specialized role on the production team
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be comfortable driving a 19-foot box truck
- Must be able to pass a health physical for DOT license upon hiring
- Valid driver’s license and US passport and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
A working personal automobile and a clean driving record are prerequisites.
Bowstring offers a competitive compensation package including salary, performance bonus, health, dental and disability benefits, a paid time off bank, retirement plan with guaranteed company contribution, a pension plan and flexible working hours.
Potential applicants should forward a cover letter and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Utility”. Please, no phone calls.